St. Margarets R C Primary School
- About St. Margarets R C Primary School
- Disabled Access
- Holidays and Closures
- School Booklet
- Related Publications
St Margaret’s Primary School is a catholic, co-educational school, situated near the town centre of Dunfermline. As the area around is of historical interest the school makes full use of the local environment.
The school has 13 classrooms and two nursery classes. It also has a drama/music room, games hall, dining area, library and various workrooms. The playground area consists of a football pitch, a concrete area and a grassed area which includes extensive play equipment known to the children as the Trim Trail. An Orchard Garden has recently been developed and there is a quad area with a pond.
Our aims are to develop a positive ethos where every member of the school community feels valued and to provide the children with the highest standards of teaching possible.
Our curriculum is varied and the children receive visits from visiting specialists in Music, PE, Drama and Art. We also have visiting instrumentalist teachers.
We work closely with the two parishes, St Margaret’s and Our Lady of Lourdes and the two priests visit the school on a regular basis.
We have a Parent Council whose objectives are:
- to promote partnership between the school, its pupils, all parents and the Catholic Church to ensure that all pupils develop their full potential leading to their lifelong activities being guided by Gospel Values;
- to work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming community which is inclusive for all parents;
- to develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of all pupils;
- to identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
The children also have their own Pupil Council, ECO Group, Health Promotion Group, Garden Club, Rights Respecting and Global Citizenship which meet regularly to discuss a wide range of issues raised by the pupils.
The primary 6 children are offered a residential experience at Ardeonaig , while in primary 7 the children are given the opportunity to meet up with the children from the other primary schools with whom they will be transferring to St Columba’s High School. This happens in the form of a residential experience at Dounans.
We are pleased to meet with parents who wish to discuss any aspects of our school. This can be done by phoning to make an appointment with the Headteacher or other member of staff.
Holidays and Closures
|30 Jun 2014||to||15 Aug 2014||School Holiday||Summer Holiday|
|18 Aug 2014||In-Service Day||In-Service Training Day|
|19 Aug 2014||In-Service Day||In-Service Training Day|
|13 Oct 2014||to||24 Oct 2014||School Holiday||Autumn Holiday|
|To show the next 34 holidays and closures, please click here.|
If you would like to view the complete list of School Holidays, please click here.
- Information about the Out of School Care Services offered by Fife Childcare Services. [view]
To download the St Margaret's R C Primary School Booklet in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF), please click on the link below.
For more information contactCarol Hannah, Headteacher
Tel: 01383-602435 Contact Carol Hannah online
By Post: St Margarets R C Primary Woodmill Road Dunfermline Fife KY11 4BB