Expand Facility Search
Cowdenbeath Social Work Office
Fife Council Brunton House ,
High Street, Cowdenbeath, KY4 9QU
tel. 03451 551503
If you are looking for information on the services we provide, you can find details online at fifedirect.org.uk/socialcare. If you don’t have a computer you can use one at your library or local office.
There are a number of social work leaflets that provide information on specific services, how they are provided, any charges involved and eligibility criteria. You can pick these up in libraries, local offices, download them from fifedirect.org.uk or request one from our contact centre.
New contacts and referral arrangements
Anyone seeking advice or support from Social Work Service for the very first time can either:-
- Check Fife Direct for services available and complete an e-form request. This is for low level queries such as information on services such as Meals on Wheels or support in their local community eg Carers Centre.
- Call Social Work Service Contact Centre on 03451 551503. From the simplest request through to more complex, sensitive situations our team will be able to ensure the right care, support and attention is provided.
- Visit Townhouse, Fife Council’s Cowdenbeath Local Services Office. Here they can speak to an advisor who will:
- provide advice and support on how to access Social Work services
- work with other council services and agencies and;
- link with local people, councillors and services to help access services or support that is tailored to the individual.
Existing service users
If you are an existing service user you may already have an allocated Social Work Service member of staff. You can continue to contact them on the direct number they will have provided to you. You will still be able to make appointments or seek help and advice at a time and place that suits you.
Tel: 03451 55 15 03 Contact Social Work Enquiries online
Emergency Out of Hours Social Work Services
Tel: 03451 550099
By Post: New City House 1 Edgar Street Dunfermline Fife KY12 7EP