Expand Facility Search
Pittencrieff House Museum
Pittencrieff House Museum ,
, Dunfermline, KY12 8QH
tel. 01383 722935/602374
From the outside you can see that Pittencrieff House was once a private residence. In fact it was a home for nearly 300 years until Andrew Carnegie bought the grounds in 1903. Now it houses a fully accessible exhibition called "Magic of the Glen" on the ground floor. Come and find out how the Park came to be - it's a story involving fossils and furry creatures covering 350 million years.
Children can hunt for Calum the Cartoon Cockroach whose ancestors lived at the time when coal was still growing here in tropical swamps. Magic of the Glen also features fabulous photographs of the buildings in the Park and people at play. The 3D "touchy" model of the Glen shows just what a dramatic landscape this is. A free self-guided walk leaflet is available from the Museum.
Holidays and Closures
|19 Jan 2015||to||01 Feb 2015||Planned Closure||Pittencrieff House Museum Closure|
For more information contactGavin Grant, Collections Development Team Leader
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 45 28 26 Contact Gavin Grant online
By Post: 16 East Fergus Place Kirkcaldy Fife KY1 1XT