R M E courses
Page last updated at 2:42 PM, 27/06/2007
Aims and Objectives
The RMPS Department has as its overall aim the fostering on an environment and atmosphere which motivates students of all ages and abilities, and which encourages them to learn effectively and with enjoyment.
The aims of the RMPS Department at … High School are as follows:-
- To develop the pupils knowledge and understanding of religious, moral and philosophical thinking from various traditions and to do so in a spirit of tolerance.
- To give the pupils an understanding and appreciation of the way in which beliefs influence behaviour and patterns of living.
- To encourage pupils in their search for meaning, value and purpose in life.
- To help pupils appreciate moral values such as honesty, fairness and concern for others.
- To encourage pupils to develop their own beliefs, attitudes and moral values through a process of personal search and evaluation.
Staff should provide a variety of experiences/activities during a lesson or period of teaching to challenge pupils and help them to increase their knowledge about religious, moral and philosophical thinking from various traditions. These activities should be relevant to students context and areas of everyday concern.
Higher Religious, Moral and Philosophical Studies
In the course of your Higher you will study four different areas. These are as follows:
- Unit One. World Religions: Buddhism (D41212)
- Unit Two. Christian Ethics in a Secular Society: War and Peace (D41412)
- Unit Three. Christianity Critiques and Challenges: Christianity and Science. (D41512)
- Unit Four. The Extended Essay