Page last updated at 2:42 PM, 27/06/2007
The Music department aims, through practical involvement in music:
- To enrich the lives of pupils, and to contribute to their personal, intellectual, social and cultural growth.
- To develop in pupils an informed interest in music.
- To develop in pupils the skills and insights which are an intrinsic part of the full enjoyment of music.
- To encourage pupils of all ranges of ability to realise their musical potential.
- To develop in pupils a knowledge and understanding of the social, historical and environmental context of music.
It is important for pupils to have opportunities to encounter a variety of music, for example in Standard Grade whilst following the course of Performing, Inventing and Listening, they should gain musical insights and develop critical awareness.
Performing will involve:
- Solo performance on one instrument and
- Performance in a group on another instrument