Intermediate 1 & 2
Page last updated at 2:42 PM, 27/06/2007
Intermediate 1 Physics
This is a National Qualification course, which we have adapted to be taught in S3 and S4. It leads to an Intermediate 1 qualification, which allows entry to Intermediate 2 Physics in S5. The course consists of 6 units.
Telecommunications - deals with different forms of communication and looks at how radios and TV's work.
- Movement - deals with the moving objects and the effect of forces.
- Practical Electricity - deals with simple electric circuits and domestic electricity.
- Sound and Music - deals with the physics of sound.
- Radiations - deals with light, X-rays, IR and UV and their uses.
- Electronics - deals with how electronic circuits are used to control simple machines.