Page last updated at 2:58 PM, 29/09/2009
At Torryburn Nursery, our aim is to assist in the all round development of your child in an interesting, caring and safe environment. We hope to promote the physical, intellectual, creative, emotional and social progress of your child and to develop increased communication skills.
We endeavour to do this by
- Creating a caring, safe environment staffed by a team of caring and interested adults.
- Liaising with parents to share information about their child's interests and progress.
- Observing and responding to the child's individual needs and ensuring that the child maximises all available opportunities during the most important developing and learning time of their life.
- Helping the child to develop a variety of skills.
o Gross/Fine Motor Skills
o Talking/Listening Skills
o Creative Skills
o Social Skills
o Early Reading/Early Maths Skills
- Helping the child to develop
o Self Confidence
o Self Control
o Consideration for Others
o Respect for Equipment and Rules
- Stimulating intellectual development by promoting sensory awareness and encouraging curiosity, discovery and concept learning in line with a Curriculum for Excellence.
- Assisting the child to form relationships and learn to co-operate and share.
- Encouraging the child to appreciate beauty and the world around them.
- Developing the formation of a healthy lifestyle.
- Promoting equal rights in the nursery.