Regional and National Groups
The Child Protection Committees of Angus Council, Clackmannanshire Council, Dundee City Council, Falkirk Council, Fife Council, Perth and Kinross Council, North East of Scotland (Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Moray Councils) and Stirling Council have agreed to form a collaborative Consortium known as the Central and North East Scotland Child Protection Consortium.
Their remit is:
- To develop an effective consortium which promotes joint ownership, networking, collaboration, co-operation and communication across our CPC areas;
- To develop a learning community to share and exchange knowledge, skills, experiences, lessons learned and what works and does not work in child protection;
- To identify and consider emerging policy and practice developments, both nationally and locally and to jointly develop implementation plans and/or policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines in response;
- To identify and promote good child protection practice, joint learning and a common understanding;
- To identify opportunities to maximise our resources in terms of policy and practice development and to promote efficiency in terms of economy and scale, e.g. child protection training etc;
- To provide peer support to each other, particularly in terms of promoting self evaluation and continuous improvement.
Minutes of their meetings can be accessed at the links below.
Child Protection Updates from Scottish Government
Scottish Government prepare regular updates on child protection issues and these can be viewed at the links below.