What You can do
Setting targets and government legislation is one thing. The only way we're going to reduce carbon emissions and have a chance of mitigating the effects of climate change is if we all take action.
There are many things you can do to reduce carbon emissions and save money:
Site and depot based, contact The Climate Change and Zero Waste Team's on this page to find out more about the training and support available for site and depot based employees.
For more information:
- click to the Energy Saving Trust's website (external link)
- visit: Greener Scotland http://www.greenerscotland.org
- visit the Energy Saving Trust's website (external link) for a Home Energy Check.
- contact the Energy Saving Scotland Advice Centre on 0800 512 012.
At school, more information is available with the following links:
- Fife Education Site for weblinks and activities to suit primary and secondary pupils.
- Ecoschools Scotland for school specific environmental management information and learning resources.
- The Weather and Climate Change pages on the Learning and Teaching Scotland website. This online resource provides teachers from early level onwards with high-quality and topical resources to help them teach about climate change within Curriculum for Excellence.
Tel: 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 44 04 54 Contact Ian Gallacher online
By Post: Fife Council Bankhead Central Bankhead Park Glenrothes Fife KY7 6GH