What is ClubFife?
ClubFife, Fife Council’s Club Accreditation Scheme, is a straightforward quality assurance system that has been designed to help voluntary sports clubs to operate efficiently and effectively. It will help your club to take a systematic look at what it does, and decide exactly where improvements are needed. It is also a means of identifying and rewarding clubs that operate in a structured way.
The aim of ClubFife is to:
“Encourage the establishment and operation of structured, child friendly and safe sports clubs, with the potential to develop and expand accordingly.”
Who is eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for ClubFife status clubs must:
- Be a sports club affiliated to a sportscotland recognised governing body.
- Be a non profit making organisation.
- Have a club committee structure with overall responsibility for all aspects of the club.
- Be located and operate in Fife.
There are 2 levels of ClubFife:
If required, the Sports Development team will support your club in deciding which level is most appropriate for you to apply for.
- Creating a club development plan.
- Creating an annual action plan, appropriate targets and monitoring procedures.
- 1 free place on SCUK Safeguarding and Protecting Children course.
- 1 free place on Children 1st in Safe Hands course (for your club’s Child Protection Officer).
- Approval to use ClubFife logo.
- Active Fife will recommend clubs who have successfully completed the process to the public as a ClubFife accredited club.
- 1 free place on emergency first aid course.
- 1 free club session from a specialist in the field of:
- Sport Psychology
- Strength and Conditioning
- £100 to assist in implementation of club development plan.
To register your club’s interest in the scheme please complete an application form and return to your Sports Development Officer or
Cowdenbeath Leisure Centre
Tel: 01383 602393 Contact Active Fife Team online
By Post: Rothesay House Rothesay Place Glenrothes Fife KY7 5PQ