- Fife Council: (Community Services (Community Learning and Development), Enterprise Planning & Protective Services and Social Work Services)
- Adam Smith College, Carnegie College, Elmwood College
- NHS Fife
- Skills Development Scotland
- JobcentrePlus and
- Voluntary Sector providers
- Employer ‘champion’ through Fife Economy Partnership.
- Engaging with those who have been pushed further from the job market due to the recession
- Helping people overcome barriers to work such as health, disability, age, lack of confidence, childcare, substance misuse and lack of skills, qualifications and experience
- Providing one to one employability support
- Extending skills, training and employment opportunities
- Promoting enterprise and self employment
- Engaging with employers to create pathways to sustainable jobs including work placements, pre-recruitment training and in-work support.
Many of the services previously offered in the Opportunity Centres are now delivered through Opportunities Fife partners as follows:
Fife Council Community Services – provides an outreach service throughout Fife for people who have been out of the job market for a while. They can provide individually tailored support and connect you to other services to help you overcome barriers into learning, training or work.
Services are delivered from a wide range of local venues across Fife. To make an appointment or find out more about what is available in your local area, contact Carol on 08451 555555 406713.
Skills Development Scotland – provides an all age guidance service to help you plan and improve your career opportunities. You may be leaving school or college, facing redundancy or want further training. Whatever your situation, you can get information and advice to help you decide which choices are right for you.
Skills Development Scotland centres have a range of free services including access to internet sites, support to create your CV and workshops for you to develop job search skills. You can use the facilities on your own, with one-to-one help or in groups.
For more information, visit www.skillsdevelopmentscotland.co.uk (this link will take you to an external site)or phone 0845 8 502 502 (local rates)
Jobcentre Plus - provides information and advice on getting back to work, training opportunities and ‘benefit’
entitlements. For more information contact your local Jobcentre or visit www.direct.gov.uk or www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk (thess links will take you to external sites)
For more information about Opportunities Fife, visit www.opportunitiesfife.org or email the contact below: