Why should we do it?
We are facing increasing demand for our services, reduced funding and the long-term impact of the recession. We also have to ensure we continue to work efficiently and place customers at the heart of everything we do. We have to look at how we deliver services and if there are any changes and improvements we can make. Reducing the number of buildings we occupy and making more efficient use of our assets including, workstations will potentially deliver annual savings of £7M.
What are the benefits of mobile and flexible work styles?
• Delivering £6.8m of savings
• Creating a more modern Council with flexible workspaces and multi-use touchdown space that can also be used by partner organisations
• Helping to create a more integrated customer focused approach to service delivery
• Allowing front line staff to spend more time with customers
• Building upon the investment we are making in modernising and re-organising our offices we can achieve further property cost savings
• Reducing carbon emissions
• Providing a high quality flexible office accommodation solution and allowing greater opportunity for you to adopt working arrangements which improve your work life balance
• Reducing business mileage costs
• Reducing stationery costs
• Improving work life balance for the majority of staff in scope
• Reducing staff absence