Closures and Disruptions
Fifedirect helps keep you up to date with unexpected disruptions to daily life, so you can make alternative plans if necessary.
You can find all the up-to-date information and advice about winter in Fife at: www.fifedirect.org.uk/winter.
Severe Weather Action
No severe weather road updates or weather news at present, please check back here regularly for updated information.
Emergency School & Nursery Closures
Emergency Facility Closures
Holidays & Planned Closures
Check out the planned Holidays & Closures section
Sign Up for Alerts
Get details of emergency school and facility closures sent direct to your mobile phone or email through our alerts service.
Fife Council @fifecouncil
- £4.123m of planned investment to council homes in Cowdenbeath area reported at Area Committee today. Click here http://t.co/lwRgNOXwl1 posted at 3:25 PM Today
- Outdoor Grass Football Pitch Cancellations 8/9.03.2014 http://t.co/seRIGcZZG7 posted at 1:53 PM Today
- @LifeofOpuscula @StagecoachEScot Hi David you can find out more about roadworks at http://t.co/Z22MpPy0y8 posted at 1:10 PM Today
Traffic Scotland @trafficscotland
- Access remains open to #A815 Cowal from #Inveraray & local access continues to be maintained to Arrochar, Succoth & Cairndow. #A83 posted at 10:00 PM Today
- A9 Dornoch Bridge - Weather, Road users are advised to use caution crossing the A9 Dornoch Bridge... has been cleared. #TSIncident posted at 9:57 PM Today
- Extra Ferry services from Western Ferries are running as required through #A83 #RaBT closure. Old Military Rd Div RE-OPENS at 7AM. #Argyll posted at 8:50 PM Today
SEPA View @SEPAView
- Love competitions? Love prizes? Love the environment? Enter the SE Web Youth Discussion competition http://t.co/i8gWFybww6 posted at 1:01 PM Today
- Tell #ScotlandsEnvironmentWeb how much you love your environment for Valentines Day. Enter the competition here http://t.co/i8gWFybww6 posted at 11:01 AM Today
- Enter the SE Web Youth Discussion competition for a chance to win £1000 & other great prizes http://t.co/i8gWFybww6 posted 1 day ago
Met Office Scotland @metofficeScot
- Yellow Warning of Wind for Highlands & Eilean Siar : Eilean Siar & Highland valid from 1100 Fri 07 Mar to 1800... http://t.co/UHZQdjOZQW posted at 10:16 AM Today
- Yellow Warning of Wind for Orkney & Shetland : Orkney Islands & Shetland Islands valid from 1100 Fri 07 Mar to... http://t.co/yp19FqTUub posted at 10:10 AM Today
- Yellow Alert of Rain for SW Scotland, Lothian Borders : Dumfries and Galloway, Scottish Borders & West Lothian... http://t.co/gEJGzFp3oW posted 2 days ago