Cover of 2007 "Useful guide"
We've produced a second edition of the magazine-style publication "A useful guide to council services and our new numbers", that's being distributed to all Fife households. It aims to:
- Let you know about the changes to phone numbers and the different ways to contact us.
- Explain a bit more about the services we provide.
- Let you see how we're measuring up against performance targets.
If you have any comments to help us improve future editions please use the useful guide online feedback form.
If you haven't received your copy by the end of March, or if you need the guide in an alternative format because of a sensory impairment you can:
- request a copy here;
- call us on 08451 55 00 00; or
- pick one up from your Local Services Centre (standard format only).
Numbers and services
Many of the council's phone numbers are changing so keep your guide handy - and remember all services and up-to-date numbers are listed here on fifedirect.
Look up services through the A to Z or by theme:
Are we measuring up?
Local Services Network
If you need information or help, you can visit a Local Services Centre and speak to an advisor who will:
- provide advice and support;
- work with other council services and agencies to help you get what you need; and
- work with local people, councillors and services to make your community a better place to live and work.
We operate an appointment or drop in service, and can work in a number of community languages through telephone interpreting.
The Big Number Change logo
Contacting the council
Find the details of the service you need here on fifedirect and you'll have the option to contact the relevant team online or take the telephone number.
Fife Council is committed to the provision of high quality services. Occasionally, within such a large organisation, things can go wrong. Find out more about making a complaint about any Fife Council service.
Archived Feature originally published 08 Mar 2007 - 11 Aug 2007