All 18 candidates from Lochgelly Tae kwon do were successful. This was another excellent result for this vibrant school of martial arts.
The test included pattern movements (Tul), fixed sparring, free sparring, two against one sparring, power test against breaker boards and theory of Tae kwon do.
The successful Lochgelly students were promoted as follows:
Bryan Jeffrey (24) to blue belt with red tips
Tamlyn Smith (14), Ronan McGuire (8) and Morgan Farrell (8) all to green belt
Cahan Campbell (9) & Kieran Reid (10) to yellow with green tips
Owen Sadler (10), Morgan Stewart (11), Emma Dempsey (10) & Zachary Kirkbright (8) all to yellow belt
Tony Kirkbright (42) and Aqsa Nadeem (9) both passed their first grading togain their yellow tips
Also successfully tested from Lochgelly Little Ninjas were:
To white belt/yellow stripe - Brendan McGuinness (7), Cameron Strachan (8), Ethan Brown (7)
To yellow belt - Hali Papacharalambous (7), Owen Smales (5) & Leo Ness (6).
KBBA senior instructors Peter Scott (5th dan)from Kirkland and Robert MacGregor (4th dan) from Lochgelly have initiated monthly black belt training sessions for their instructors in Fife to try building on the impetus of recent & upcoming seminars. The last one was run by 3 Masters from the UKTF and the next will be this month (May) with the 3 Grand Masters of the ITF Technical Committee. Robert said on behalf of KBBA “We feel it is important to maintain and improve the standard of Tae kwon do in Fife, and this training means the improved techniques will filter down through our instructors to all the students”.
This should be an exciting year for Lochgelly TKD as part of KBBA since they have a number of activities planned:
• Several of their instructors will attend the International Instructors Course (IIC) to be held in Livingston, this IIC is the first to be held in Scotland for about 20 years, and several Masters will also be attending, along with black belts from all over Europe.
• The senior instructors will be training with 3 masters at the UKTF “Sabum Forum” on 9th June.
• KBBA plan to host 2 local competitions (in June & November) as well as competing in “The Gathering” in Perth in September.
• They will be doing a further 3 coloured belt grading tests this year.
• Several KBBA black belt candidates are hoping to be promoted in September at a UKTF black belt grading.
All KBBA Instructors have enhanced disclosure certificates, instructor certificates and current first aid qualifications.
If you have ever considered learning a martial art or even if you just want to start something to keep you fit in the long term these classes could be perfect for you.
If you or your children would like to get involved in a positive and beneficial activity feel free to come along.
The first lesson at any of the classes is free – so come along and give it a try – you have nothing to lose!
KBBA instructors run classes in Glenrothes, Kennoway, Windygates, Methil, East Wemyss and Lochgelly.
For details of any of these please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and check out Lochgelly.TKD@groups.facebook.com.