Archived news: published on Saturday 19 May 2012 by Museum of Communication
The Museum of Communication's 2012 summer exhibition opened on 19th May, and you can discover all about communicating at sea - from speaking tubes and flags, to satnav and sonar. Featuring:
- Optical telegraph of the 1790s.
- The Titanic story.
- Shipwrecks in the Forth and Scapa Flow.
- Search, Rescue and the RNLI.
- Maps of the ocean floor, using radar measurement of the sea's surface from satellites.
- Marine radio, pirate radio.
- And much more!
For more information contact
Museum of Communication,
Tel. 01592 874836 & 01506 823423.