BIIAB Approved Scottish Certificate for Licensed Premises Course
Archived news: published on Monday 28 May 2012 by Fife Council
The Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 states that all people who wish to sell or serve alcohol in licensed premises must receive a minimum of 2 hours training from a person who holds either a personal license or a relevant licensing qualification accredited by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA).
This comprehensive Scottish Certificate for Licensed Premises Staff (SCLPS) training course is available at Queen Anne High School Community Use in Dunfermline on Tuesday 10th July 2012 (9.30am until 1.00pm).
The course duration is 3 hours and is followed by a 30 minute multiple choice assessment. The course content covers the syllabus set out by the Scottish Government, enabling candidates to understand the law in relation to:
- drunkenness and disorderly behaviour.
- licensing hours and the rights of entry to licensed premises.
- roles and responsibilities of licensed premises staff and penalties for non-compliance with legislation.
- the strengths of alcoholic drinks and their effects on the human body.
- protection of children from harm.
This course provides a transferrable qualification and is an ideal opportunity for:
- Anyone over 18 years who work or wish to work behind a bar, in a restaurant or shop serving alcohol.
- Those aged 16 and 17 years who work or wish to work in a restaurant or shop serving alcohol.
The course cost is £50.00 which includes the handbook and assessment and is ILA Scotland approved. ILA Scotland is a Scottish Government scheme designed to provide assistance with the cost of approved courses. Anyone living in Scotland, aged 16 years and over and earning less than £22,000 per year may be eligible to apply for a £200 learning account. For more information, please contact ILA Scotland direct on 0808 100 1090.
To book a place on Queen Anne's course, please contact Community Use reception on 01383 602351.
For more information contactQueen Anne Community Use School
Tel: 01383 602351 Contact Queen Anne Community Use School online
By Post: Fife Council, Queen Anne High School, Broomhead Park, Dunfermline, KY12 0PQ