Connect 4 Success
Archived news: published on Thursday 07 Jun 2012 by Fife Council
Fife Rural Partnership and Fife Community Safety Partnership have joined forces to deliver the Connect 4 Success event. The event provides a unique opportunity for community representatives and groups to connect with each other and with local service providers.
If you are a member of a local community group, community trust, community council or community safety panel from anywhere in Fife, then this is the seminar for you. Make sure you put this date in your diary -Tuesday 19th June, 9.30am - 4pm - Rothes Halls, Glenrothes!
Morning session focussing on rural issues – This session will include:
- Presentation highlighting how council services currently 'connect' with each other and partner agencies
- Role of the voluntary sector in encouraging working together and connecting
- Presentation outlining ‘Support Enterprising Communities’ initiative.
- Launch of the Fife Rural Partnership’s ‘Community Toolkit’ – all the information a community group will ever need under one cover;
Lunch time – You can visit the ‘Connect Zone’ to connect with service providers and local groups, including:
- The Supporting Enterprising Communities team;
- Fife Community Safety Partnership – including the Fire Service and Police;
- Fife Domestic and Sexual Abuse Partnership;
- Fife Council Trading Standards.
During lunchtime Fife Council’s Funding and Monitoring Team will deliver a ‘Fringe Session’ providing practical advice on what funding is available and how to access it.
Afternoon session focussing on community safety issues. This session will include:
- Launch of Fife’s new community safety strategy;
- Best practice examples of innovative community safety projects in local areas;
- Round table discussions on key topics, including the Police Community Engagement Model, Better Support for Victims, Fire and Home Injuries….
If you would like to come along to either session or both please complete the attached booking form. We would also encourage you to forward this invite as you feel appropriate and display the attached poster.
For more information contactLaura Welsh, Support Assistant
Tel: 08451 55 55 55 + Ext 44 29 10 Contact Laura Welsh online
By Post: Fife Council, Fife Council Brunton House, High Street, Cowdenbeath, KY4 9QU