Markinch Community Council
The primary role of the Community Council is to make the views of Markinch people known to the local authority and other bodies.
Fife Council, in turn, has a duty to consult us on how local services are delivered - and on other issues affecting our neighbourhood.
We have a right to be consulted on all planning applications in the Markinch area and are kept informed about licensing applications.
Meetings of the Community Council are open to the public. Markinch residents are encouraged to attend and participate.
Community Council Members
- vacancy (Chair) Chair@MarkinchCC.org.uk
- John Morton (Secretary) Secretary@MarkinchCC.org.uk
- (Treasurer) Treasurer@MarkinchCC.org.uk
- (Vice-Chair) ViceChair@MarkinchCC.org.uk
- Ann Davies CCllr.Ann.Davies@MarkinchCC.org.uk
- Elizabeth Cord CCllr.Elizabeth.Cord@MarkinchCC.org.uk
- Mark Gibson CCllr.Mark.Gibson@MarkinchCC.org.uk
- Mike Deeprose CCllr.Mike.Deeprose@MarkinchCC.org.uk
Also in regular attendance at meetings are:
- John Beare, Kay Morrison Fife Councillors for Glenrothes North, Leslie & Markinch
- Dr Ed Wallace Local Health Care Co-operative
Normally St Drostan's Kirk Hall, Markinch
(Check with Secretary - contact details above)
Date: First Wednesday of the month (September to June) Start time: 7:00 pm Finish time: 9:00 pm