Severe Weather Conditions
In the event of early closure due to severe weather conditions parents are advised to arrange for children to be received at home or by a neighbour, etc.
- Go to www.fifedirect.org.uk and sign up for e-mail or text alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Listen to local media including Kingdom, Forth and Tay FM
- Use mobile phone updates m.fifedirect.org.uk
- Watch DigiTV (Red Button On Sky and Virgin Media under Interactive Services, Local Services)
- Check out the Closure Line - 08451 55 11 99 and for emergency help speak to an advisor on 08451 55 00 99
Parents can receive text or email alerts sent direct regarding school and other council facility closures. Please note if your child has moved from a primary school to a high school in August you should amend the school details on Fife Direct to ensure you receive the correct school information.
- Log on to www.fifedirect.org.uk/closures.
- Click on Closure Alerts.
- Click on School Closure Alerts and follow the instructions to either sign in or register
Please use these options before trying to call your school:
Using Fife Council Closure Line:
- Call 08451 55 11 99.
- Choose Option 2 for Schools Information.
1 - for Kirkcaldy Schools
2 - for East and Levenmouth Schools;
3 - for Cowdenbeath, Glenrothes and Lochgelly Schools or
4 - for Dunfermline , Inverkeithing and West Schools.
- Then choose:
1 - for Primary
2 - for Secondary
3 - for Other Establishments
- Schools will be listed in alphabetical order so listen carefully for your school.