Duties of Senior Prefects
Page last updated at 2:09 PM, Tue 15 Nov 2011
DUTIES OF HEAD BOY / HEAD GIRL & DEPUTES
In addition to carrying out the standard duties and responsibilities of a Prefect, the Head Boy and Head Girl (along with their Deputes) have the following additional duties and responsibilities:
1. To lead / help lead the team of prefects in S5 and S6
2. To create and monitor Prefect duty rotas
3. To meet regularly with the S5 / S6 Year Head to ensure effective management of
- School Prefect duties
- Parents’ Evenings - along with the appropriate Year Head
- The Senior Common Room
- Senior Fundraising events
- Senior Yearbook
4. To chair the School Council
5. To represent the school at certain formal occasions such as:
- Senior Awards Evening
- Leavers’ Night
6. To be an approachable member of S6 to whom both students and staff can approach for assistance or support.
7. To be an example to students in all other year groups of the personal and academic standards expected of pupils in Woodmill High School.
The Head Boy, Head Girl and Deputes are appointed following an open application process and interview by a panel comprising the Rector and the outgoing Head By and Head Girl.