- the most up-to-date information on Fife’s Cultural Consortium
- the Steer
- Cultural Consortium Membership details
- and a whole host of special networking and cultural events.
- be the first to find out about the Cultural Roadshows and Networking Events
- put forward your questions and ideas to the Steering Group to be discussed at their meetings
- have access to and influence the review of the Cultural Strategy.
Fife Cultural Consortium
FIFE’S CULTURAL CONSORTIUM is a collective of individuals, groups and organisations from across Fife’s cultural and community planning spectrum that exists to ensure a strategic approach to cultural planning in Fife. It is inclusive of the needs of all in our communities and ensures the widest recognition of culture as a tool for community engagement.
Additionally it advocates for the positive impacts of creative and cultural activity on health and wellbeing and reflects the value of culture in the growth of our cultural economy. It is managed on behalf of Fife Council by Fife Cultural Trust and its remit is to:
- Act as the umbrella partnership body for cultural planning in Fife
- Inform and review the development of Fife’s Cultural Strategy
- Promote the contribution of culture to achieve artistic, cultural, economic, social, environmental and health & wellbeing outcomes
- Promote a co-ordinated approach to the development and promotion of cultural opportunities, activities, festivals, celebrations and events in Fife
- Advocate for the role of culture and creativity across services
- Provide information which informs annual reporting
Members are expected to provide us with data on the funding they receive on a 6 monthly basis in order that we are able to collate this information to advocate for the health & wellbeing, social and economic value of culture.
It is open to any groups, organisations and individuals in Fife who are engaged in providing creative and cultural opportunities which support:
- Fife's diverse communities
- Cultural enterprise
- Cultural tourism
- Fife's Cultural economy
Membership benefits include access to:
- A programme of free training and development opportunities
- Advice and support for your activities
- A network that offers opportunities to explore new cultural and creative funding opportunities
- A monthly newsletter
- Evidence strong partnership working
- Knowledge and expertise from across the sector
For further information, or if you would like to be a member of the Cultural Consortium and take advantage of the benefits on offer, please send ana email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the name of the organisation or individual and a contact telephone number and email address, or call 01592 583255
Libraries, Arts, Museums & Archives (LAMA) services are now part of Fife Cultural Trust, a Company limited by guarantee (incorporated in Scotland). Company Number: SC415704 A Scottish charity: charity number SC043442
Fife Cultural Trust manages and operates LAMA services on behalf of Fife Council. Customers will not be affected by this change, with all buildings and services open as normal. All staff contact details remain the same and information will still be available on the existing website www.fifedirect.org.uk