Work and training
The Work Programme is being set up nationally to support people back to work. But there are lots of local organisations that can help you too.
Opportunities Fife brings together colleges, Skills Development Scotland, Fife Council and voluntary organisations with the sole aim of getting people back into work. Calling into your local Community Job Club is a great way to start.
If there are issues preventing you from going back to work, such as ill health or family problems, contact Fife Council’s Client Action Team or Fife Employability Team and they’ll be able to point you in the right direction.
The Client Action Team
If you haven't worked for a while and feel you want to make changes in your life, the Client Action Team can help. CAT Development Workers are based locally and will work with you at your own pace to plan the way forward and will keep in touch with you along the way.
There are lots of opportunities out there to get you started and we can provide help and support with any or all of the following:
- Advice on making sense of the jobs market
- Help to compile a good CV or application form
- Advice on preparing for interviews
- Information on learning and training opportunities at college and in the community
- Support in finding suitable childcare solutions
- Assistance to sort out financial issues such as debt, benefits etc
- Opportunities to increase your confidence and help to plan your future
Call 01592 583659 • Email CAT.email@example.com
Fife Employability Team
Fife Employability Team is a free and confidential employment support service for Fifers with disabilities or health issues.
Do you need help to find or keep a job?
Call 03451 555 555 ext 444815 • www.journeytowork.co.uk
If you’re on the Work Programme, the Jobcentre plus will support you by addressing the barriers preventing you from working. They’ll help you search for a job and a provide specialist support if you have disabilities. For more information speak to an adviser at your local Jobcentre.
Call 0845 604 3719 • www.gov.uk/contact-jobcentre-plus
Welfare Reform - Related links
- Welfare Reform timeline
- Universal Credit
- Scottish Welfare Fund
- Managing your benefits
- Managing your money
- Credit unions
- Income Support
- Bedroom Tax
- The Benefit Cap
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Claimant Commitment
- Work and Training
- Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)
- Food Banks
- Citizens Advice and Rights Fife / Citizens Advice Bureau
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)