Advice for presentation of bins during high winds
On windy days, some bins, like the lighter green bin, can blow over. While this is an unusual occurrence, it can cause littering in the street.
Please help us during periods of high winds by only putting your bin out when necessary. Please consider the points below.
- If you think the wind is so bad that a gust might tip the bin over then consider waiting until your next collection
- Can you store or take your recycling or landfill waste to a Recycling Point or Recycling Centre?
If your bin does need to be emptied then if possible:
- Close and secure bin lids
- Don’t put your bin out too early, but put your bin out on the morning of collection, before 6am
- Protect your bin from wind by putting your bin alongside a shelter, such as a wall or a fence, where this is possible
- If this is not practical then place bins in clusters with your neighbours’ bins
- Bring your bin in as soon as possible after collection