Before recycling an item it is worth seeing if it can be reused first. Reusing waste is better than recycling because it:
- saves the raw materials and energy needed to make a new one
- is one less item to transport
- can save you money
Furniture charities and other charity shops
Furniture reuse organisations such as Furniture Plus or Castle furniture will collect reusable furniture items free of charge from your house and prepare them for reuse.
Charity shops also take a wide range of goods for reuse. You can find out more details at the links below (this will take you to an external website)
Think how to reuse what you already have
- visit Love Your Clothes for great tips to make the most of your clothing and easy ways to make repairs
- donate items to charity
- reuse jars and tubs for storage
- remember your reusable shopping bag
- find top tips and recipes at Love Food Hate Waste
- Compost at home
Reusable nappies are a cheaper alternative to disposable nappies. They reduce the volume of waste sent to landfill and better for the environment. You can find out more about the Fife Real Nappy Library at Go Real.
Tel: 03451 55 00 22 Contact Recycling Helpline (lines open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.) online