Proposed changes to Fife's library service
Consultation now closed
The consultation on the proposed changes to Fife's library services closed on Friday 6 November 2015. The results were presented to Fife Council’s Executive Committee on Tuesday 8 December 2015 to help them decide on the future of Fife's library services.
- Information on the decision of the 8 December 2015 Executive Committee meeting is available here.
- This decision was called in by the Council's Education, Health and Social Care Scrutiny Committee on 5 Januray 2016 and sent back to the Executive Committee with a range of recommendations. You can read more on that here.
- The Executive Committee rejected the recommendations at their meeting on 12 Januray 2016, instead deciding to take it to a meeting of all 78 councillors (‘full Council’), in February 2016. You can read more on that here.
- The proposals were voted on by 'full Council' on Thursday 18 February 2016. You can read about the decision here.
ADDITIONAL USEFUL INFORMATION:
- Information on the original proposals put forward by Fife Cultural Trust, which were agreed by the Committee (albeit with a number of additional recommendations) is available below.
- The results of the consultation are also available for download from the publications section at the bottom of this page.