Making Fife's Places
The Making Fife’s Places Planning Policy guidance (August 2015) replaces the following documents:
- Green infrastructure SPG
- Fife Masterplans Handbook
- Creating a better Fife – Fife Urban Design Guide
- Fife Sustainability Checklist
- Public Art SPG
- FC Transportation Development Guidelines (Supplementary Designing Streets Guidance)
The Guidance is approved Council policy and will be given material weight in considering planning applications. It will be regularly reviewed and upon adoption of the FIFEplan Local Development Plan, it will be submitted to Scottish Ministers for approval as statutory supplementary guidance.
This guidance covers a range of issues relating to the design of development including built and natural heritage, the design of streets, green infrastructure and buildings, sustainability and public art.
The green networks described in Appendix H can be viewed in detail on the FIFEplan Proposed plan interactive mapping.
View the Finalised Making Fife's Places Planning Policy Guidance using the links below:
- Making Fife's Places Planning Policy Guidance
- Making Fife's Places Appendices A-F (Site Appraisals & Public Art)
- Making Fife's Places Appendix G (Transportation Guidelines)
- Making Fife's Places Appendix H (Green Networks)
Read Making Fife's Places Planning Policy Guidance e-book on YUDU:
Consultation on the draft Making Fife’s Places Supplementary Guidance closed on the 2nd June. All representations are available to view on the consultation portal. Responses to the comments received can be viewed here.