Bookbug is a national programme that encourages parents to enjoy books with their children from an early age. It aims to foster a love of books through story and song.
It is never too early to start sharing a book with your child and children who are introduced early benefit educationally, culturally, socially and emotionally.
Your child is entitled to three free Bookbug packs at different ages:
- Bookbug Baby packs (Birth to 18 months) are given to you by your health visitor
- Bookbug Toddler packs (18-36 months) can be given to you by your health visitor
- Bookbug Pirate packs are usually given to three year olds when they start nursery
If your child has not received their pack, please contact your local library.
Bookbug's Library Challenge
Bookbug’s Library Challenge (previously known as Bookstart Book Crawl) is a free programme that encourages children up to four years old to discover and enjoy their local library. It’s run in many libraries across Fife, and is a fun, exciting way to give your child a love of reading for life.
Five Easy Steps to Starting Bookbug’s Library Challenge:
- Join your child up to a participating library
- Ask for your Bookbug’s Library Challenge Collector Card
- Collect a stamp on the card at each library visit
- Exchange four stamps for a beautiful certificate
- Get a new Collector Card and start again!
Bookbug Sessions (Formally known as Bookstart Rhymetimes) are free, fun and friendly events for babies, toddlers, pre-schoolers and their families to enjoy together. Each session lasts around 40 minutes and includes songs, stories and rhymes. They are a great opportunity to spend some quality time with your little one.
Sessions take place in libraries throughout Fife. Please ask at your local library or use the contact details provided. We look forward to seeing you there!
Tel: 01592 583204 Contact Libraries general enquiries online
By Post: Iona House John Smith Business Park Grantsmuir Road Kirkcaldy Fife KY2 6NA