Helping out or cashing in?
Borrowing or Stealing?
Financial harm can include:
- feeling under pressure to hand over money or possessions
- exploitation of property or welfare benefits
- stopping someone getting their money or possessions
- stealing, cheating or fraud
- rogue trading - bogus callers or distraction burglary
- mass marketing - scams that encourage adults to send money
- being under pressure to rewrite a Will.
Power of Attorney is about giving you the power to make decisions that will protect you, your family and those you care about should you ever lose capacity to make decisions for yourself. The website: www.mypowerofattorney.org.uk and booklet My Power of Attorney give information and advice.
APC Financial Harm Guidance & Information
To report Financial Harm, call the Adult Protection Phone Line on 01383 602200 or Police 101.
To report a scam call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or visit: actionfraud.police.uk
Tel: 01383 602200