Working at Height
Corporate Health and Safety Standards and Guidance document OHS-C-13 describes the general principles which apply to work at height, and provides guidance and information in summary form on what you need to do to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
- Construction Work
- Fixed Plant, vehicle and buildings maintenance
- Access and carrying out roof inspections
- Work on or near fragile surfaces through which a person could fall
- Excavations (including trench work and grave digging)
- Work in or near pits, sewers, ducts or empty swimming pools
- Loading and unloading of vehicles & trailers
- Using and working from ladders and stepladders
- Rope access work, including organised caving or climbing ‘leisure’ activities involving paid instructors or leaders.
Document OHS-C-13.G1 is relevant managers, supervisors, designers (including external appointments), contractors and employees who authorise, specify, oversee or carry out work at height.
Tel: 03451 555555 ext444285 Contact Corporate Health & Safety online