Garden maintenance scheme
Our garden care scheme is open to any Fife council tenant if they meet the conditions below.
To join the scheme you should be:
- a current tenant of Fife Council
- over 60 and no one who lives in your home can cut the grass and hedge
- getting Disability Living Allowance, and no one who lives in your home can cut the grass and hedge.
If you are a tenant, and don’t meet the above conditions, but can't manage your garden because of chronic ill health, we might be able to help - speak to your someone at your Local Office. You can locate your Local Office by using the 'find my nearest' search facility on this page.
Applications are made through your Local Office. You should bring proof of age (Myfife card or photo driving licence) or disability living allowance.
We don't need payment when you first apply.
In a normal season you can expect;
- grass cut every 2 weeks, weather permitting (up to 500 square meters, e.g. 25 meters by 20 meters)
- hedge cut on two occasions, once in June/July and once in September/October, again weather permitting
- application of chemical weedkiller (if requested). Please note weeds are sprayed but not removed.
Those who join the scheme after the date specified on the acceptance letter will receive fewer cuts.
For more information contactHousing Information and Advice
Tel: 08451 55 00 33 Contact Housing Information and Advice online
By Post: Fife Council, Forth House, Abbotshall Road, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1RU