Looked After children (Children in care)
We offer support to children and their families facing difficulties in their lives. We do this by providing and purchasing services for children, young people and families who are in need of support. Our approach and how we do this is explained in the Commissioning Strategy.
The aim of Fife’s Children and Families Commissioning Strategy is to secure better outcomes for children and young people in Fife. This strategy is for all those interested in developing and providing services in Fife. It reflects the vision and values of Fife Council’s Social Work Service to:
- protect and support children who are vulnerable, at risk or in trouble
- help children and young people who are vulnerable to develop to their full potential and maximise their quality of life
- help children live with their families and in their own communities and when this is not possible, to ensure that they have the best quality of care
- work in partnership with other agencies and service providers to achieve the above aims
We also offer long-term support, care planning and protection for children and young people who are looked after by Fife Council or who are vulnerable and need services for longer periods.
Just as a parent's responsibility for their child doesn't stop when they leave home, local councils have are responsibility to look out for the welfare of young adults even after they leave its care.
Help and support can include:
- finding the right kind of accommodation
- help getting into college
- help finding work
Above all, we want to prevent young people experiencing poverty, disadvantage and exclusion by improving the support they receive when they leave care.
If you have concerns about a child please do not hesitate to contact us.
Social Work Enquiries
Tel: 03451 55 15 03 Contact Social Work Enquiries online
Emergency Out of Hours Social Work Services
Tel: 03451 550099
By Post: New City House 1 Edgar Street Dunfermline Fife KY12 7EP