Many people in Fife will be responsible for caring for a relative at some point in their life.  Whether this is a relative with a disability, an older family member in need of help to stay at home, or a young child in need of support or protection, there is a range of help and support available for you and the person that needs care.


No matter how old you are when you have to care for another person it is a demanding and often a difficult time, so it can help to get both professional support and share experiences and ideas with other people in the same situation.  This section aims to let you know about all of the public and voluntary support that is available in Fife so you can get what’s right for you and your family.


We can help you:


  • with respite care, so you and the person you care for can get a break
  • arrange for adaptations around your loved one’s home
  • arrange for a home carer or meals on wheels


Every carer has the right to an assessment of their need just as much as the person being cared for.  


If you would like to find out more pop into any local social work office.


The Fife Carers Centre (see link to to Fife Carers Centre) can also help put you in touch with a range of services.


Social Work Enquiries
Tel: 03451 55 15 03 Contact Social Work Enquiries online

Emergency Out of Hours Social Work Services
Tel: 03451 550099
By Post: New City House 1 Edgar Street Dunfermline Fife KY12 7EP
Go Top

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience here. If you do not want us to use cookies you can change your settings at any time.