Childcare vouchers are an employee benefit available to all eligible working parents
Launched in 1998, childcare vouchers are a scheme run by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
They are a Government-approved, tax-efficient way of paying for childcare. If you join the scheme, you can exchange up to £55† a week (£220 per 4 week pay period or £243† a month) of your gross salary for childcare vouchers.
The part of your gross salary you exchange for childcare vouchers is tax-free and exempt from National Insurance contributions (NI). Because of this, you can make savings of up to £933* a parent, a year.
It doesn’t cost you anything to sign up for childcare vouchers and the scheme applies whatever rate of tax you pay. What’s more, both parents can request childcare vouchers, giving a potential family saving of £1,866** a year!
Cycle to work scheme
Cycle to work scheme
In August 2016 we’re once again offering the cycle to work scheme to employees. This means you can get a new bike and/or safety accessories and pay direct from your salary, saving money and spreading the cost. Last year, employees who took advantage of the scheme on average saved £200.
Cyclescheme has a website with FAQs, a savings calculator, the list of participating retailers and much more information.
The scheme will be open for applications from 20 August 2016 to 1 October 2016.
UK and local discounts
Access to discounts on a vast range of products and services both nationwide and locally across Fife. UK-wide discounts are accessed via a website or over the phone, and the local discounts are available on provision of a Fife Council ID badge or recent payslip>
We believe it’s important to support local businesses so we have teamed up with local suppliers to give you discounts on your doorstep. To receive local discounts all you have to do is show your Council ID badge or a recent payslip to access a broad range of products and services throughout Fife.
Brought to you by P&MM, we hope you love the choices that www.fifecouncillifestylesavings.co.uk gives you – including:
- Up to 15% off paper and reloadable voucher cards for retailers including; Asda, Argos, B&Q, Boots, Curry’s, Homebase, Ikea, New Look, Marks and Spencer’s, Morrisons, Top Shop, Sainsbury’s plus many more
- Save up to 30% off cinema tickets
- Online discount codes, helping you to save at your favourite online retailers
- Save up to 14% off package holidays through the online travel portal – lifestyletravel where you can browse, compare and book discounted breaks
- Up to 60% off UK hotels, attractions and fun days out for all the family
- Collect multi retailer savings with the pre-paid Mastercard® Debit Card ‘Spree Plus’
- Earn cash-back while you shop online with over 4,000 online offers being updated on a daily basis
As well as the many discounts available through your benefits site, when you register online you will also be eligible for the FREE monthly prize draw.
What do I need to do?
Go to www.fifecouncillifestylesavings.co.uk and click on ‘Join Now’
- Enter your Fife Council payroll number. Your payroll number is a six-digit number normally starting with a zero e.g. 012345, 001234 or 000123. Elected members' payroll normally start with a B followed by six digits. You will find your payroll number on your pay slips.
- You will be asked to enter your personal details including your email address, which could be a work or personal email address and a preferred username and password, you will use this next time you visit the site to access your account.
- Click on ‘Create Account’ and the home page will load. You can now start to browse, shop and save!
If you need any help in registering or have any queries about the discounts call P&MM 0845 272 8720 or email email@example.com and quote Fife Council.
This replaces the Wider Wallet scheme that you may have been registered with. Should you have queries relating to the Wider Wallet scheme please contact them on 0800 612 7110.