Getting paid for the work we do is important to us all!
Council employees are paid every four weeks by BACS (Bank Automatic Clearing Services), directly into their bank account.
Hopefully the information in this section will help answer any queries about your pay. Use the menu to find what you’re looking for or, if you still need help, there’s a handy list of contact numbers under Contact Us
About the Payroll Team
We have five teams supporting the pay process for council employees; three Payroll Processing Teams, the Reconciliations Team and Delphi Control Team.
If you need to contact us about your pay, contact the team that handles your payroll (check your payroll number on your payslip). The Payroll Processing Teams are split as follows:
1. Education (Payrolls 1, 3 and 6) and pensioners
2. Social Work and Housing and Communities (Payrolls 21 and 23), Police (Payroll 4), Fire (Payroll 5), and Skill Seekers (Payroll 11)
3. Environment and Development and Support Services (Payrolls 51 and 53), Catering & Cleaning (Payroll 2) and Bureau Payroll (Payroll 8)
The objectives of the payroll processing teams are to:
- pay salaries, expenses and member allowances accurately and on time
- develop staff skills through contribution management to ensure service delivery and statutory requirements are met
- prepare and finalise financial year end returns
- maintain bank reconciliations
- action external and internal audit recommendations
- provide prompt returns to SPPA (Scottish Public Pensions Agency) for teachers working in Fife
- meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for bureau payrolls
- develop service delivery improvements
- meet key performance indicators
- ensure compliance of statutory deductions and calculation of sickness and maternity allowances
- ensure BACS file is prepared and ready for release on time and arrange for funds transfer