Building Standards and Public Safety
Our main purpose is to ensure that building work complies with the Building Standards (Scotland) Regulations. These regulations are set by the Scottish Parliament and are designed to:
- make sure people are safe in and around buildings
- ensure access and facilities are provided for people with a disability
- further the conservation of fuel and power
- further the achievement of sustainable development.
We aim to provide professional and high quality services to our customers. Our services include:
- processing building warrant applications and completion certificate submissions
- dealing with dangerous buildings
- tracking the progress of an application on-line.
We are committed to supporting sustainable development to ensure a better quality of life for everyone, now and for generations to come.
Our service formerly known as qualified statement or letter of comfort has recently been revised. There are new fees in place for property inspections, copy documents and other related services. Please see our page 'Property Enquiry and Inspection Services' (in drop down list under 'Building warrant and Completion Certificates') for more information.
As from the 1st February 2013 we are no longer accepting cash or cheques as payment methods. For more information please click on 'Building Warrants and Completion Certificates', 'How to apply for a building warrant' then 'Fee's and how to pay' on the left hand side drop down lists.