Building Standards and Public Safety
Our main purpose is to ensure that building work complies with the Building Standards (Scotland) Regulations. These regulations are set by the Scottish Parliament and are designed to:
- make sure people are safe in and around buildings
- ensure access and facilities are provided for people with a disability
- further the conservation of fuel and power
- further the achievement of sustainable development.
We aim to provide professional and high quality services to our customers. Our services include:
- processing building warrant applications and completion certificate submissions
- dealing with dangerous buildings
- tracking the progress of an application on-line.
We are committed to supporting sustainable development to ensure a better quality of life for everyone, now and for generations to come.
The eBuildingstandards.scot service will launch on the 24th August 2016. This will enable the electronic submission of building warrant applications and completion certificates. EBuildingstandards.scot will be accessed through eDevelopment.scot – a new single landing page leading both eBuilding Standards and to the ePlanning service. Just one registration is needed, so if you are already registered on ePlanning.scot, you will be able to use the same login details for eBuildingstandards.scot.
Building Standards & Safety
Tel: 03451 55 11 22 Contact Building Standards & Safety online
By Post: Kingdom House Kingdom Avenue Glenrothes Fife KY7 5LY