Recycling and waste
Recycling and Waste
How are we doing?
In 2012 Fife recycled over 53% of its household and business waste and this ensures that Fife is still one of the best for recycling in Scotland. We can do better and here is how you can help.
Fife Council collects recycling and waste by operating several different services for the householder. Find out more about:
- household waste collection services
- Recycling Points and
- Recycling Centres
- Reporting a bin problem or missed bin via our online form
- find your bin collection calendar online
- or use our bin disruption app to find out why your bin may not have been emptied.
New four bin service
As part of our drive to improve recycling we are issuing a new 4 bin service to the majority of Fife over the coming years. In March 2014 parts of Kirkcaldy and the surrounding area will move across to the new 4 bin service. Find out more here.
Rural Recycling Service
A new waste collection service was introduced to rural properties in June 2013. Find out more here.
What else can I do?
Recycling is just one way that you can help the environment and reduce the amount of waste we send to landfill:
- Find out if you are recycling all you can by using our recycling A to Z.
- You can reduce waste by reducing the amount of unwanted mail that you receive.
- You can prevent waste going to landfill by donating furniture and electrical equipment to charity.
- You can make something useful out of your fruit and vegetable peelings by composting at home.
Fife Council also operates a commercial waste and recycling service. Find out more here.