Recycling and waste
Recycling and Waste
Don't forget to recycle your real christmas tree in your brown bin or you can take it to one of our 11 Recycling Centres. If placing the tree in the brown bin, please ensure that the lid closes and the tree is not compacted too tightly in the bin.
How are we doing?
In 2013 Fife recycled over 55% of its household waste. This means that Fife is still one of the best performing councils for recycling in Scotland.
However there is still more to do. Scotland has a new challenging recycling target of 70% by 2025.
There are many ways you can recycle household waste. Find out more about:
- household waste collection services
- Recycling Points and Recycling Centres
- reporting a bin problem or missed bin via our online form
- how to find your bin collection calendar online
Four bin service
As part of our drive to improve recycling we now operate a 4 bin service to the majority of Fife households. Find out more here.
What else can I do?
Recycling is just one way that you can help the environment and reduce the amount of waste we send to landfill:
- recycle all you can by using our recycling A to Z.
- you can reduce waste by composting at home or taking steps to stop unwanted mail.
- you can prevent waste going to landfill by donating furniture and electrical equipment to charity.
Fife Council also operates a commercial waste and recycling service. Find out more here.