Recycling and waste
Recycling and Waste
How are we doing?
In 2013 Fife recycled over 55% of its household waste. This means that Fife is still one of the best performing councils for recycling in Scotland.
However there is still more to do. Scotland has a new challenging recycling target of 70% by 2025.
There are many ways you can recycle household waste. Find out more about:
- household waste collection services
- Recycling Points and Recycling Centres
- reporting a bin problem or missed bin via our online form
- how to find your bin collection calendar online
Four bin service
As part of our drive to improve recycling we now operate a 4 bin service to the majority of Fife households. Find out more here.
What else can I do?
Recycling is just one way that you can help the environment and reduce the amount of waste we send to landfill:
- recycle all you can by using our recycling A to Z.
- you can reduce waste by composting at home or taking steps to stop unwanted mail.
- you can prevent waste going to landfill by donating furniture and electrical equipment to charity.
Fife Council also operates a commercial waste and recycling service. Find out more here.