Recycling and waste
Recycling and Waste
Christmas and New Year waste changes
Bin collections that are scheduled to take place over the festive period are subject to change. Bins due to be collected on:
- Thursday 25 December will be emptied on Saturday 27 December
- Friday 26 December will be emptied on Sunday 28 December
- Thursday 1 January 2015 will be emptied on Saturday 3 January
- Friday 2 January 2015 will be emptied on Sunday 4 January
Recycling Centres will be closed on 25 and 26 December 2014 as well as 1 and 2 January 2015. Recycling Centres are normally very busy on the days they re-open and you may benefit from delaying your visit by a day or two if possible.
Special Uplifts are cancelled between 22 December and 5 January. Bookings for this service re-commence on 5 January.
Real Christmas trees can be recycled in your brown bin. Please ensure the lid closes and the waste is not compacted and is able to come out when tipped into the lorry.
How are we doing?
In 2013 Fife recycled over 55% of its household waste. This means that Fife is still one of the best performing councils for recycling in Scotland.
However there is still more to do. Scotland has a new challenging recycling target of 70% by 2025.
There are many ways you can recycle household waste. Find out more about:
- household waste collection services
- Recycling Points and Recycling Centres
- reporting a bin problem or missed bin via our online form
- how to find your bin collection calendar online
Four bin service
As part of our drive to improve recycling we now operate a 4 bin service to the majority of Fife households. Find out more here.
What else can I do?
Recycling is just one way that you can help the environment and reduce the amount of waste we send to landfill:
- recycle all you can by using our recycling A to Z.
- you can reduce waste by composting at home or taking steps to stop unwanted mail.
- you can prevent waste going to landfill by donating furniture and electrical equipment to charity.
Fife Council also operates a commercial waste and recycling service. Find out more here.