Recycling and waste
How are we doing?
In 2015 Fife recycled 52% of its household waste and diverted 57% of Fife's waste from landfill. This means that Fife is still one of the best performing councils for recycling in Scotland.
However there is still more to do. Scotland has a challenging recycling target of 70% by 2025.
There are many ways you can recycle household waste. Find out more about:
- household waste collection services
- Recycling Points and Recycling Centres
- reporting a bin problem or missed bin via our online form
- how to find your bin collection calendar online
- our new bin collection trials
What else can I do?
Our recycling A to Z provides lots of advice about what to do with a wide range of different products.
You can also visit our Recycling pages to find out about other ways to reduce waste including furniture reuse charities and composting.
Fife Council also operates a commercial waste and recycling service.