It is important that you tell us about any change in your circumstances which may have an affect on your council tax bill. Council tax is a daily charge. When circumstances change the charge is amended from the day the change occurs and a new bill is issued.
Below are examples of changes you must report;
- Change of name due to marriage or divorce
- Someone in your household is no longer a disregarded person (eg student, carer, apprentice)
- People moving into or out of your home
- The property is no longer empty
- Children reaching the age of 18
- People ceasing full-time education
Please note: you should complete the Council Tax Change of Address form if the whole household is moving home.
Complete the following form to report a change in circumstance online.