Single Person Discount

The full council tax bill assumes that there are two adults living in your home. If only one adult lives in a property as their main home, the council tax bill may be reduced by 25%.

For most this is quite simple but for some, such as those who work or spend a lot of time away from home, we need to establish what is a person's "sole or main residence". This will normally be the family home even if little time is spent there. In most cases we need to look at a range of other information e.g. security of tenure, where most belongings are, registered to vote etc. It is important that we know all relevant information so that we can make the right discount decisions.
Complete this form if you think you qualify for a single person discount.

Go Top