Expand Facility Search
Sheltered Housing - Granary Lane, Newport
tel. 01382 542668
Location (information from Visit Scotland):
Newport-on-Tay is a small town on the south side of the Firth of Tay, just a 5 minute drive from Dundee city centre.
Located just slightly west of the Tay road and rail bridges that cross the river to Dundee, the town initially grew as wealthy jute barons of 19th century Dundee sought quieter, cleaner surroundings in which to live. They commuted across the old Tay railway bridge, which tragically collapsed one stormy December night in 1879.
Newport-on-Tay was a highly desirable suburb of Dundee after the first Tay Rail Bridge was built in 1878 and the public buildings such as the old ferry terminus and the grand Victorian villas on the hillside reflect these times.
- 22 self-contained properties
- 19x One Bedroom
- 3x Two Bedroom
Satisfaction Levels (Fife Wide survey carried out November 2015)
- 99% of tenants feel they are treated with respect by Fife Council Staff
- 99% of tenants feel safe in their home
- 98% feel the Sheltered Housing Officer deals with enquiries effectively
- 92% are satisfied with the overall support they receive
- 70% of tenants attend social activities with their complex
- Communal Lounge
- Communal Kitchen
- Laundry Room
- Daily Management on site
- Call System
- Garden Area
- Meals Provided (Extra charge applies)
Within a 10 minute walk:
- Bus Stop
- Post Office
- Coffee Shop
- Health Centre
How to Apply:
See our page on how to apply click here
Will I be helped with moving costs?
There may be support to help with moving costs if you currently live in a Fife Council property and are looking to downsize