Expand Facility Search
Lochgelly Centre ,
Bank Street, Lochgelly, KY5 9RD
tel. 01592 583303
The new Lochgelly Centre reopened on February 14th 2012. A creative learning centre that serves as a base for many local groups and organisations, we offer:
- a 424-seat theatre ideal for community theatre groups, dance groups and music events
- exhibition spaces that are well used and feature local and established artists
- a fully-equipped dance studio and sports hall
- art rooms and meeting spaces for workshops and classes
- a café and bar with a full and varied menu for people who use our facilities
We run full-day and weekend workshops for people of all ages, for example drawing and painting, jewellery, dressmaking and pottery. And our resident Dance Company ‘On The Runn’ works with local people to get them involved in performances.
Recent developments to the centre have brought together Fife Council’s Local Office, the local library, and other services for local people into one place.
Opening HoursMonday to Friday 9am to 9pm. Saturday 9am to 2:30pm
- Access to the Lochgelly Centre is available to all. Eight wheelchair spaces are available in the auditorium. Please reserve when you buy your ticket.
- There is an induction loop for the hard of hearing.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are welcome.
- There are limited parking facilities next to the theatre for people with limited mobility. You can drop off passengers outside the centre and park in the main car park. If you have any special requirements please tell the box office staff when you book your ticket and we'll be happy to help.
If you have a myfife C + 1 card, you may be entitled to a carer's ticket, which is free. Please present your card when you book or collect your tickets. Please note that not all shows offer this concession.
Baby changing facilities are available.
Children are welcome in the café and there are high chairs for small children. All children, even babies, must have a ticket for a seat. So if you want to book in advance you'll have to pay for a ticket for your baby. But if you're prepared to wait and book 20 minutes before the start of a show your baby can have a complimentary ticket, as long as we're not sold out.