Term 4 Targets
Here are some of the things we will be learning in P2/3 this term.
These are some of the KEY targets but not all of the targets for the term.
- We will be learning about the concept of division and thinking about how this links to our knowledge of times tables
- We will be learning how to measure a variety of items and choose the appropriate tools to measure. We will also be learning to convert different units of measure
- We will be practising mental maths skills every day and each week we will do our Big Maths Beat That score!
- We will be reading some Roald Dahl books and using these to do most of our literacy work!
- We will read
- The Enormous Crocodile
- The Giraffe, The Pelly and Me
- George's Marvellous Medicine
- We will be showing our understanding of the stories through a variety of activities.
- We will use the books as inspiration for our imaginative writing and our poetry skills.
- We will learn about informative writing when we read George's Marvellous Medicine
Health and Wellbeing
- We will be learning how to keep ourselves safe in a variety of situations including an emergency
- We will be learning about healthy eating and how this impacts our overall wellbeing
- In gym we will be learning about why exercise is good for us and how it helps us to lead a healthy lifestyle
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths)
- We are very lucky and are taking part in a Little Lighthouse project. This will involve learning about lighthouses and the science, technology and engineering behind how they work! This will include learning about electricity, circuits and computer coding!
In term 4 we will be learning about the weather. This will include recording the weather and thinking about the different ways we can measure the weather. We will learn about weather forecasting and weather in different parts of the world.