Welcome to our school.
This section includes information of interest to the school and wider community served by the school.
Children in Scotland from 3-18 years follow the Curriculum for Excellence.
There are 8 curricular areas
- Mathematics and numeracy
- Health and Wellbeing
- Social Studies
- Expressive Arts
- Religious and Moral Education
Children learn through meaningful contexts and inter-disciplinary learning and outdoor learning are integral to our programmes in school.
Through all learning we are promoting the 4 capacities of
- Responsible Citizens
- Effective Contributors
- Confident Individuals
- Successful Learners.
At Cardenden Primary we provide appropriate pace and challenge for our pupils. We have a Support for Learning teacher who works with individuals, groups and classes, carries out contextual assessments and complements the teaching in classrooms.
Children have opportunities to achieve in a number of ways
- Being the class helper/messenger
- Mentoring and buddying other pupils
- Presenting at assembly with a group/class
- Playground Buddies
- Scottish Poem Recitations
- FifeBurns Competitions
- Rotary Club Quiz
- After/Before School Clubs such as netball, football etc
- Pupil Council
- Organising and contributing to events such as summer picnic, Christmas Fair
- Eco Group