Welcome to Primary 2 with Mrs Hepburn.
Your child will have a new reading book once a week. Please take the time to read with your child every night and ensure they bring their book back to school everyday. Here are some ideas to share the book together;
- talk about the front cover, title and author
- ask your child to turn the pages and follow the story
- ask questions about the story
- look for things in the pictures
- ask your child to re-tell the story in their own words
Your child will be developing their knowledge of numbers and the number system. It is important your child has the opportunity to link this knowledge to the real world. Here are some ideas to encourage this;
- measuring ingredients when baking
- counting money at the shops
- reading numbers in the environment e.g. bus numbers, door numbers
Homework is set on a Tuesday and due back on a Friday. Please sign your child’s homework.
We will have gym on a Wednesday. Please ensure your child has appropriate kit. However, no football strips are allowed.
Please ensure you provide a water bottle for your child each day, as they will need access to a drink.