Proposed Subsidised Bus Services in South Fife from August 2019
Published by : Fife Council
This consultation is
Purpose of consultation
Fife Council currently provides subsidy, either in part of whole, for the following bus services in South Fife:
3, 3A, 4B, 4C, 5, 5A, F6, 7D, 8, 8B, 17A, 17B, 18, 20A, 28, 33B, 71, 81, 83, 87, 88, 89, 89A.
In May and June last year the Council carried out consultation on these routes and asked the public for their opinions on the services we currently subsidise in South Fife. We used these comments to help influence the routes which were put out to tender in November 2018. The tender bids have now been returned and assessed and we are able to retain the majority of the current subsidy on these services. There is however still the opportunity for some minor tweaking of these services prior to their operation in August 2019.
A summary of the proposed service, route and frequency is listed in the attachmend. We are now seeking further feedback on these proposals. We would encourage current and potential bus users to complete the short consultation.
When completing the consultation think about....
- Timetable - does the current timetable suit?
- Connections with other buses or trains – do the current times suit you?
- Route - Does the bus pass an area where no one ever gets on? Would a route change be of benefit to you?
- Time – do you need to travel at a specific time, how flexible can you be in your travel arrangements?
- Places – does the current route serve the places you wish to visit?
December 2018 to 28th
Final Report Of Consultation