We have worked hard to make this website as accessible as possible. But, so that we continue to improve the accessibility of fifedirect we would welcome your comments.
If you have feedback about the web accessibility of this site, please take some time to fill out this online form.
If you would like to contact any of the partners on fifedirect, why not visit our 'contact us' page.
You can navigate our website more easily using keyboard shortcuts known as access keys. These are employed throughout our main website, and follow the recommended UK Government standard. Access keys give a keyboard or screen-reader user quick and easy access to all the main areas of the site.
|S||Skip to Content (A hidden link at the top of every page. It is the first link and, when selected, you skip past the main navigation items to start at the main page content.)|
|7||Enquiries, Comments & Compliments|
|8||Terms and Conditions|
|0||Access key details (this page)|
|C||My Community - towns, organisations, groups and facilities in Fife|
|D||Do It Online - online services provided by Fife Council|
|H||My Home page or sign in/join|
|L||Listen to this page using ReadSpeaker|
|N||News, feature articles, events, activities, courses and classes from fifedirect|
|P||View a printer friendly version of this page|
|Internet Explorer||Alt [key number] Enter|
|Mozilla, Netscape, K-Meleon||Alt [key number]|
|Opera||Shift + Esc [key number]|
|Internet Explorer||Ctrl [key number] Enter|
|Mozilla, Netscape||Ctrl [key number]|
|Opera||Shift + Esc [key number]|
|Galeon, Mozilla||Alt [key number]|
|Internet Explorer||version 4.x and later|
|Mozilla, Firefox||version 1.x and later|
|Netscape Navigator||version 6.x and later|
|Opera (PC)||version 7.x and later|
|Opera (Mac)||version 6.x and later|
|K-Meleon||version 6.x and later|
|Spirit MetaBrowser||version 1.x and later|
|Galeon||version 1.x and later|
Listen to pages with ReadSpeaker
ReadSpeaker can read the web-page in different ways:
- You can select text by highlighting, clicking on the "Read Text" button and ReadSpeaker will read the selected text only.
- If you have not selected text, ReadSpeaker will read according to the options you have chosen under "Settings". There you can choose if you want the "Read Text" button to read the text only, the whole page including links or section by section.
- If you have chosen to listen to one section at a time, the read section will be highlighted while read. To have the next section read, click the "Read Text" button again.
ReadSpeaker offers different ways of navigating around the site:
- Choose a link by clicking on it with the mouse or use the Tab-key to move between links.
- Choose a link by listening to the link list and write the link-number in link field (Alt + N) and click Enter or click or "Go To" (Alt + G).
- Choose a link by the entering the link-name in link field (Alt + N) and click Enter or click on "Go To" (Alt + G).
- Those with low literacy and reading skills
- Those where English is not the first language
- Dyslexic people
- Those with mild visual impairment
Possible Accessibility Problems
Links to external websitesOff-site links open in a new browser window.
MapsWe use multimap for online maps. Maps open in a new browser window.
Fife Council Language Line Service
We have set up five dedicated Language Lines to enable people from the major black, minority ethnic communities in Fife to contact us directly in their own language. By calling any of the Language Lines we can quickly connect with a professional interpreter to enable a three-way conversation to begin. This will enable direct access to a customer advisor who can assist with any queries or questions you may have.The five Language Lines are:
Urdu / Punjabi 03451 55 55 66 / Chinese 03451 55 55 88 /
Bengali 03451 55 55 99 / Arabic 03451 55 55 77 / Polish 03451 55 55 44
Calls cost 3-5p per minute from a UK landline, mobile rates may vary.
You can also access the Language Line service when you visit any of our Local Service Centres (formerly Local Offices). Through our partnership with the National Interpreting Service we can connect to an interpreter over the telephone and assist you directly.
Alternative Formats Line
If you, or someone you know, would like to request information from Fife Council in a language other than English, or in an alternative format such as large print, Braille, on tape etc please call 03451 55 55 00.
Deaf customers can use our BT Text Direct number 18001 03451 55 55 00 to contact the council directly or can fax us on 01592 41 73 73.