Petroleum storage at a non-workplace premises

You can store up to 30 litres of petrol at home or at non-workplace premises without informing Fife Council Trading Standards as your local Petroleum Enforcement Authority.

'Premises' are as defined in the Health and Safety at Work Act, etc. 1974 and includes, for example, motor vehicles, boats and aircraft.

If you wish to store more than 30 litres and up to a maximum of 275 litres of petrol at your home or premises you should notify Fife Council. Please complete the form.

Note: there is no fee associated with this.

If you require any further information, please contact us.

Further information on storing petrol safely at home is available from HSE

Before you start filling out this form, sign into Fifedirect to keep a record in your account.

Go to the form
Go Top
This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. For more information read our privacy policy.