The partnership between services for children in Fife is mature at strategic level and in each of its areas and communities. The responsibility for the Children’s Services Plan is held collectively by the partnership, represented by the Children in Fife Group. This partnership binds Fife Council, the voluntary sector, Police Scotland, Scottish Children’s Reporter Administration and NHS Fife in common purpose. The Children in Fife Group reports to the Fife Partnership.
The Children’s Services Plan is nested within Fife’s Community Plan, in particular these 4 outcomes:
• improving early years development of children in Fife,
• raising educational attainment and reducing educational inequality
• improving the health of Fifers and narrowing the health inequality gap, and
• making Fife’s communities safer.
All children’s services work across the partnership is quality assured through the new
Care Inspectorate children services framework which seeks to mprove outcomes for all children and young people
• provide assurance about the quality of services for children (particularly
vulnerable children and young people)
• help to improve services and build capacity